Camping Safaris | Rwanda Safari Camping | Tented Safaris
This Rwanda camping safari has been designed to offer the same high quality wildlife safari experience provided by the top-end safari camps, with 4×4 game viewing escorted by top class guides and in exclusive wildlife and primates National parks away from the tourist minibuses, but at a hugely reduced price by staying in small basic adventure camps, “real camping” instead of the luxury accommodation of the expensive up-market tented lodges. Transport between the camps is by 4 x 4 safaris cars. For those for whom the wildlife safari experience is more important than the accommodation, and who are prepared to sleep in small tents in sleeping bags on a mattress on the floor with an element of “roughing it”, this gives an opportunity for an exceptional and exclusive wildlife experience with high quality guiding but at a fraction of the price.
Camping Safari Experience
- All game drives are in four-wheel-drive customised safari vehicles taking a maximum of 6 passengers. Your driver-guide is a wildlife expert and certified by the Rwanda Safari Guides Association.
- At each safari camp site we have service staff who do all the work associated with camping, like washing up, heating water for showers, doing the cooking and serving the food.
- An experienced safari cook is at the camp to prepare the daily meals. Food is of the same quality as in a luxury safari camp and is included in the price, (not bought through a ‘kitty’ like some other camping safaris).
- The camp is hosted by the safari guide.
- Tents are Coleman Sundome tents for 2 persons or can fit one child with 2 adults. They are 6 ft tall and they are 10ft x 10ft square.
- Clients bring their own sleeping bag and a towel (or hire for a small fee) and sleep on comfortable mattresses on the tent floor.
- Showers are provided in the camping area with flush toilet, wash basin and safari shower.
- Mineral water is provided daily at camp and on game drives and walks.
- Drinks other than mineral water are not included in the price but beer, wine and sodas are available at reasonable prices and guests may bring their own drinks if they wish.